Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Kevin

Over the years I've gotten to know how the Lord speaks to me. It's not often that I get that heart pumping, palm sweating feeling when I get a thought but when it does, I know it's what I need to do. On Monday I was driving to meet Paula after work to go for dinner, when I saw one of those signs that homeless people carry. It said "I need a sleeping bag, it's cold". Usually I ignore those things, and since there was no actual person there I normally wouldn't think twice about it, but then my heart started pounding. Then I saw the man who looked like the owner of the sign. It felt like my heart was going to explode. So I pulled over and asked the man if he was the one with that sign. He said yes, and then I gave him my sleeping bag that I had in my car for work. The shock and happiness on his face was great! I'm sure he was wondering why I had a random sleeping bag and pillow in my car. I also gave him my dinner that I packed for work, since I was going out to eat with Paula, I wouldn't need it anyway. I said a prayer for him that night, hoping he'd stay safe and warm.
His name was Kevin.

2 comments:

  1. Cool story, Shelby! I might have to use this one in Seminary. Love you!

    ReplyDelete