Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lagoon, Long weekends and a whole lota fun

Best Friends, Roommates, Sisters
It was his great idea to go to Lagoon! Nate and I.
The Group! They are such awesome people!
Matt and I
One of the sweetest girls ever! SOO glad Nate introduced us to her!
Brett (Matt's Brother) and I after a long day of fun!
Those sleepy boys taking a rest after a long day :)
Doesn't look very comfortable but they did it!
Matt, Nate and Kariann! They are such awesome people!!
The Girls. We pretty much are AWESOME!!
Oh man do I LOVE long weekends! They make my life! This past weekend was the 4th of July weekend and we had some major fun to be had. Friday was really relaxed after classes. I took a nap, went grocery shopping for food for Saturday and just hung out at my apartment watching movies with Chelsea (HOT ROD!!!!). Brianna was on a date so I didn't see her to much Friday night. Matt and Nate (mostly Nate) decided to play a prank on me when I was talking to Matt on the phone about Saturday. Matt informs me that there are fraud tickets going around and that the Carosol needed to be in the 'o' of lagoon or else it was a fake ticket. Of course, MINE was not on the 'o' it was on the 'g' so I started freaking out thinking that 40 something dollars was just stolen out of my bank account...They were joking. So rude! haha! At 5:50 AM Saturday morning my alarm started going off. It was time to get ready for the day. Brianna and I were ready at 6:50 and the boys rolled in around 6:55. It was time to go. The drive there was good. I stayed awake so that Nate didn't have to be the only one. It sucks being the only one awake if you're the driver. When Brianna woke up Nate turned on the World Cup game of Germany vs Argentina. Brianna was SOOOOOOOOOO happy that Germany won. It was funny. Then we preceded to have a conversation about birth and placenta and whatever else Brianna was rambling on about... Sometimes I tune her out when she talks about that stuff. I just felt bad for the boys who had to listen to our EXTREMELY girl oriented conversation. As we got close to Lagoon Brianna about died laughing at a joke Matt said about how we are going to die because we were driving through the town of "parrish"... it was funny watching her not be able to breath. We met up with Kariann (Nate's friend) and Brett (Matt's brother) and headed straight for the Water Park. Not gonna lie... I was nervous to go on the water slid. But I did it and it was way fun!! We then played beach volleyball and then jumped back on the slides. After that we all got dressed (it's about 1 now and we got there at 10) and ate our lunch. It was delicious. Yummy sandwiches, chips and pineapple. Mmmmmmm... After that we hit the rides! Roller-coaster after roller-coaster. It was a BLAST! I did, however, get sick and look like a drunk person. But that's ok it was so worth it!! There was a tragedy unfortunately. At the top of the rocket (I think that's what it was called...) Kariann's phone decided to commit suicide and jump out of her pocket at the VERY TOP of the ride. It was sad. This was AFTER it decided to get lost and then we found it... Such a sad story. We ended up leaving the park at about 10pm. It was a fun filled day but it was exhausting. No one slept on the way home because we were all talking. Matt had the great idea of each person telling their life story. It was very entertaining. We did get to see some fireworks as we were driving down the road. We decided to pull over and watch some and right as we did they ended. haha it was funny. We got home at about 1:30 AM and went straight to bed, after grabbing a bite to eat.
Brianna and I were so tired that we accidentally slept through relief society...Woops. Church was great. I love fast Sundays because of the testimony meeting. It warms my heart listening to peoples testimonies. After church we took a 5 hour nap... It was WONDERFUL!!!!!! I went to Stadium Singing with Matt and Nate (I'm sure they are sick of me by now!!) and then went home and just relaxed. Monday there was NO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! So me and Josh decided to play some tennis at 11. We didn't play for very long because Josh had homework so I called up Matt and we played. He KILLED me! There was NO mercy shown in that match against Matt and I. It was crazy! lol after that Chelsea, Dan, Nate, Matt and I went to subway, it was delicious. We then decided what we were going to do for the rest of the day. Nate came up with going to Monkey Rock and jumping off the bridge... So we did! We waited for Brianna to get home then headed over there. I was SO NERVOUS! It was super scary. I didn't want to do it. But stupid peer pressure got the best of me and I jumped. But only with Matt and Nate by my side. I figured if I started drowning one of them would save me... hopefully! Nate and Matt were the first ones in. Then Chelsea went! I was super surprised, I didn't think she would. I was next.... It took me forever to do get up on the ledge and even longer to jump. I finally was just like " I need to stop being a baby!!!" then we jumped. oh man, I was freaking out. My body was freaking out so much that I threw up! Stupid body, quite being a wuse. lol Brianna was next, she didn't want to do it, but did. Dan was last. He took FOREVER to do it. It was so funny. (if anyone is still reading this post... I'm sorry it's so freaking long!!) We then had to book it home for the Ward Family Home Evening. We went to a Nursing home and visited with the residents. It was a lot of fun and a great experience. After FHE Brianna, Nate, Amber(my visiting teachee),Dan, Matt and I all went and played WalleyBall. It was a lot of fun But I was so frustrated with myself because I could NOT hit the ball!!!!!


Brianna and Nate Jumping off of the Bridge!

Chelsea was the first girl to jump in!!

Yup! I did it. I was SOOO scared to do it though. I'm a big chicken. But I did it!

Me and Matt waiting for Dan and Brianna to go in!

Nate and Matt were the first ones in. They are BA.

So ya, that's my weekend... Pretty eventful and LOADS of fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment