Friday, July 2, 2010

Should I update more? Probably.

Oh man, the last two weeks have been SO busy and super fun! I wish I was a hard core Blogger like Laura, but I just can't do it. Some day I'll learn... Anywho. Back to what I was saying. The last few weeks have been great, wonderful and an emotional roller-coaster. Let me take you to the night of June 24th. It was a normal Friday. Happy to be done with classes and ready to have a fantastic weekend.(By the way. My blog posts are mostly about weekends. Nothing interesting happens during the week. Mostly just studying and going over to Apt 103 to sit there and hang. haha) Back to my story. So it was SO SO SO hot. I wanted to die. So Brianna, Chelsea, Nate, Troy and I all decided to go to the Water Park at Porter. But when we got there it was full of little kids... We felt a little ridiculous playing there. So we went back to our apartment and tried to decide what to do... It took us forever until we decided to go to TwizzelBerry! It's an ice cream shop that is like YoCream (a ice cream place back home). You can get as much ice cream you want and pay by the ounce. It was way fun. (Picture 1: Brianna and I with our TwizzelBerry! Picture 2: Brianna, Troy (blue shirt), Nate (brown shirt, silly face) and Me!)

After TwizzelBerry we went back to Nauvoo (the boys apartments) and played some pool for a little bit and then went our separate ways. I actually don't really remember what we did after that... BUT at about 10:30 pm is when the lightning came. Brianna was getting scared so I thought we should go to our FHE bros house and just hang out there to kinda calm her down. When we got to their apartment Nate and I thought it would be a great idea if we all went out in his car and watched the storm! After convincing Brianna nothing bad would happen we all piled in the car and headed out. We were out in the middle of the boonies trying to find a good spot. As we were driving a power box got hit by lightning right next to us! It was kinda freaky... We eventually decided to turn around as we were driving back Nate decided to turn down a dirt road and park there. As we were driving on the road all of the sudden we just slid off the road! We were stuck. To top it off we were stuck on private property in a crop field. We tried endlessly to get out. Dan and I got out and pushed while Nate tried his hardest to get the car out. Brianna was so scared that I was going to get struck by lightning that she got out of the car and hugged me and pleaded me to get back into the car. I comforted her and sent her back into the car. I knew I was going to be ok. Eventually... the owner drove past the property and pulled in and yelled at us. He said he'd pull us our and went back home to get his tractor. While we waited Brianna told jokes and we just kinda hung around. Brianna had to go to the bathroom really bad so we walked out into the middle of the field and I stood in front of her so that the boys wouldn't see... What a good friend I am :) The storm past and we were all ok but it was definitely a night to remember!! We even got home before curfew and had time to eat some pizza! It was great!Nate(Driver), John (front seat), Chelsea, Brianna (red sweatshirt ducking) and Dan. This was the group that got stuck. I HAVE a picture of the car getting stuck...But I was threatened by Nate that if I posted it on the internet... He'd break my camera. Hence, that's why it's not on my blog. lol
The next day we got up bright and early... Ok, 9:30 to go clean Nates car. We felt super bad that it was a muddy wreck so we decided to clean it. However, he wasn't there and no one had a clue where he went! He was either on this all day long drive he wanted to go on or he died. We had no clue. Since he wa sn't there we went to the store and then went back to their apartment and watched the World Cup. It was fun. After that we all decided to go to Panda express in Idaho Falls. TONS of fun. Here are pictures :)

After we went to Idaho Falls Brianna had to be back for a date. So I just went over to our FHE Bros and watched BOTH Transformers movie! It was way fun. Then we played Ping Pong and pool. I suck at ping pong AND pool, but it was way fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment